IBM and Cisco’s converged solution offers compute, storage, and networking in one scalable, easy-to-deploy stack. It combines Cisco UCS servers and Cisco networking with IBM Storwize data storage technology, resulting in a highly reliable and full-featured integrated infrastructure solution.
The IBM VersaStack is an integrated infrastructure solution that can help you accelerate data center infrastructure deployment, efficiently manage information and resources, and adapt to business change. The IBM VersaStack solution combines the performance and innovation of Cisco UCS® Integrated Infrastructure, which includes the Cisco Unified Computing™ System™ (Cisco UCS), Cisco Nexus® and Cisco MDS 9000 Family switches, and Cisco UCS Director, with the performance and efficiency of the IBM Storwize storage system.
The IBM Storwize V7000 includes technologies that both complement and enhance virtual environments with built-in functions such as IBM Data Virtualization, Real-time Compression, and Easy Tier that deliver extraordinary levels of performance and efficiency. The IBM VersaStack solution is backed by Cisco Validated Designs, for faster delivery of applications and increased IT efficiency with less risk.
Benefits of an integrated approach with IBM VersaStack:
• Performance optimization without complexity with IBM Easy Tier features
• Efficient use of computing, networking, and storage resources with up to five times more data storage with IBM Real-time Compression
• Transparent integration of new technologies with Cisco Validated Designs
• Unified integrated infrastructure provisioning and management with Cisco UCS Director
• Versatile storage virtualization capabilities enable a dynamic infrastructure by extending IBM Storwize functions to existing IBM and non-IBM storage
• Validated IBM applications and analytics capability, with IBM Services support