EMC VNX Storage
EMC VNX Unified Storage offers scalable affordable high-performance storage for your data center. Optional add-ons for fully-loaded functionality include duplication, compression, and data-at-rest encryption. A variety of models and configurations are available to meet the needs of most any organization. EMC VNX is flash-enhanced, and its application-aware software make it a popular storage solution.
VNX series is designed for midtier-to-enterprise storage environments.
The VNX series is EMC’s next generation of midrange-to-enterprise products. The VNX series unifies EMC’s file-based and block-based offerings into a single product that you can manage with one easy to use GUI. This new VNX software environment offers significant advancements in efficiency, simplicity, and performance.
Benefits of EMC VNX series include:
- State-of-the-art hardware:
- PCI-E Gen 2 I/O modules
- 6 Gb/s x 4 lanes SAS back-end infrastructure
- More memory
- Intel’s latest Xeon 5600 multi-core processors
- Expanded UltraFlex I/O, delivered with denser packaging
- Block functionality that supports the FC, iSCSI, and FCoE protocols
- File functionality that supports the NFS, CLIFS, and pNFS protocols
- Support for up to 1,000 drives
- Automated tiering with Fully Automated Storage Tiering for Virtual Pools (FAST VP) for black and file data
- Unified replication using EMC RecoverPoint for block and file data.
- Updated unified management with Unisphere delivers a cohesive, unified user experience.